1. Robert Griffin III - I've gone back and forth between the top 4, but my vote goes to RG3. Over 72% completion rate, 4,000 yards, 36 TD's, and only 6 picks. I don't like how the award has gone to the best player on the best team so much recently, I think we should get back to giving it to the most outstanding player. If Baylor was 11-1, Griffin would be close to a unanimous selection with this season.
2. Andrew Luck - Another QB who had an amazing season, Luck isn't the winner because he had his worst game in his teams biggest game. However, the rest of his season was so good, he gets an invite and is certainly worthy of some 1st place votes.
3. Montee Ball - The nations leading rusher and leading TD man on a BCS conference champion should have more Heisman-hype than Montee has received.
4. Trent Richardson - Another outstanding player who deserves consideration and will get 1st place votes. He was the "guy" on the Tide offense in a season where they were one of the top teams, rushing for over 1500 yards with 20 TD's.
5. Tyrann Mathieu - If this years award went to the best player on the best team, Tyrann would be the winner. He makes the list by having his 3 best games (Oregon, Arkansas, UGA) in 3 of the Tigers 4 biggest games. He covers receivers like a maniac, has elite return skills, and added 6 forced fumbles and 5 fumble recoveries this season.