Some things that went on this week that made me chuckle...
1) The Mets already came out and said they aren't exercising Billy Wagner's option for 2010? Wow.
2) The Michigan-Notre Dame game is less significant than East Carolina-Tulane.
3) There's people out there that are waaaaay more worried about Beanie Wells' toe than Hurricane Ike.
4) The Blue Jays passed the Yankees for 3rd place in the AL East. The Yanks are now 9 games out of the wild card with 16 to play.
5) Sam Baker warning UGA fans about the hostile environment when they visit Arizona State next week. ASU sells season ticket packages for $99 and you can walk up to the gate and buy a ticket on game day.
7) Lance Armstrong trying to pull a Dara Torres.
8) Daunte Culpepper's retirement letter. Best part? "Since I was not given a fair chance to come in and compete for a job, I would rather move on and win in other arenas of life." Sure Daunte, there are so many quality QB's out there that you didn't get a fair shot. You are washed up. A better line for your retirement letter than the one above would have been, "Since I was unable to show I was good enough to take Gibran Hamden, Brent Ratliff, Kevin O'Connell, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Tyler Thigpen's jobs, I would rather move on and win in other arenas of life."
9) Pacman Jones trying to call Vince Young to give him words of encouragement.
10) Torri Hunter going 7th Grade on Pudge Rodriguez and pushing him in the back.
11) Jon Gruden says Brian Griese will get the start against the Falcons tomorrow because Jeff Garcia is hurt. Garcia says he is fine. The genius who won a Super Bowl with a great team has since cleaned house to get his own guys in there and is 39-42 since.
12) The demise of the 49ers franchise does not seem to be coming to an end soon. Former #1 pick Alex Smith, who has stolen around $40 million the last 3 years - is out for the season and will probably be released next summer.